Fish with Spicy Pineapple Salsa
1/2 small Naturally Sweet Pineapple, skin removed, finely chopped
2 small red chillies, finely sliced.
1/2 small red onion, finely diced
2 kaffir lime leaves, finely Shredded finely grated rind and juice of 1 lime
1 tbs White sugar
4 fish fillets (such as barramundi er ling)
1-2 tbs vegetable oil
coriander and mint leaves, to garnish
Preparation 15 minutes. Cook 10 minutes. Serves 4
1. Combine pineapple, chilli, onion, kaffir lime leaves and lime rind in a bowl. Set aside. Place lime juice in a small bowl, add sugar and stir until the sugar has dissolved. Add to pineapple mixture.
2. Heat a non-stick frying pan or a barbecue hot plate over medium-hight heat. Brush fish fillets With the oil and cook in the pan or on barbecue plate for 2-3 minutes each side (depending on thickness) or until cooked.
3. Transfer fish to serving plates, top with pineapple salsa and garnish with ﬁerbs. Serve.
How To Prepare a Pineapple
1. Place the pineapple on its side. Using a large, sharp knife, slice about lcm off from both ends. Stand upright. Cut vertically to remove the skin in strips.
2. Using the tip of a knife, carefully remove the ‘eyes’, from the flesh or, following the lines, cut channels and remove. Cut pineapple into quarters from top to bottom. Remove the hard core from each quarter. Slice or chop as required.
Food for thought
Did you know? Once picked, pineapples don’t ripen further. instead, when harvested, pineapples become juicier, but not sweeter.
Fish Recipes Books