Lamb with Shallot Pancakes
1/2 cup hoisin sauce
2 tbs Soy Sauce
2 tbs lemon juice
4cm-piece fresh ginger, peeled, grated
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1/2 tsp Chinese five spice powder
600g Lamb Loin Boneless Heart Smart
1 cup Plain Flour
1/3 cup cornflour
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup milk
20g Butter, melted
2 green shallots, thinly sliced
1 tbs vegetable oil
Extra green shallots, thinly sliced, and sliced red chilli, to serve
Prep 20 mins + I hr standing time. Cook 20 minutes. Serves 4
* Combine sauces, lemon juice, ginger, garlic and five-spice powder in a ceramic dish. Add lamb and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for l hour.
* Process flour, cornflour, water, milk, eggs and butter in a food processor until a thin, smooth batter is formed. Pour into a jug, cover with plastic and set aside for 15 minutes.
* Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Place lamb on the tray. Bake for 20 minutes for medium-rare or cooked to your liking. Cover with foil and rest for 10 minutes. Place lamb marinade into a small saucepan. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and keep warm.
* Meanwhile, brush a non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over medium heat. Stir shallots into the batter. Pour 1 tbs of batter into pan and, using the back of a metal spoon, gently spread out to form a 10cm pancake.
Cook, 3-4 pancakes at a time, for 2 minutes or until lightly golden. Turn and cook for 1 minute. Repeat with remaining batter.
* Thinly slice lamb. Serve with pancakes, shallots, chilli and sauce.
Per serve: 44g protein, 21g fat (8g saturated fat), 50g carb, 5.5g dietary ﬁbre, 2395 kJ (570 cals).