How To Choose Your Wedding Invitation
First impressions last, choose your wedding invitations properly.
* Set a budget and be creative. As well as there are beautiful expensive invitations, there are also inexpensive but equally beautiful ones in the market. You just got to be creative and know where to look.
* Decide on a theme and color motif for your wedding. Your invitation should suggest the theme or the color motif of your wedding.
* Do your guest list so that you will know how many invitations to order.
* Select a style that reflects your personality as well as it should give an idea of the wedding that you are planning.
* Begin as early as eight months before the wedding. This means that you will have plenty of time paying attention to perfect the wording, and should something goes wrong, you will have ample time to revise it and make sure that it is “the way you want it” before sending them out.
* Before you order your invitations, make sure that all of your wedding details such as the date, time and place of the ceremony and reception are already confirmed.
* Asking help from professionals on the look and style of your invitation will help you pull your ideas together for a more beautiful outcome.
* With regards to the proper wording and etiquette, a professional should be consulted to make sure that everything in the invitation is properly placed.
* Order more invitations than the amount that you really need. This will give you a few extras in case you miss anyone out.
* When giving the shop your wording, it is best that you give it to them typewritten, so they can clearly read it.
* Do it with style. Be creative and try to combine materials to achieve your own personal touch.
Wedding Invitation Etiquette
* When the ceremony and the reception will be held at different locations, you can enclose a reception card along with your invitation. The reception card should also be provided with an envelope and contain specific information about the reception.
* Do not address envelopes as Mr. and Mrs. William Cooper and Family. This is not proper. The names of children under eighteen years old should be included in the invitation, while children over eighteen should be sent their own invitation.
* You can use casual names such as “Uncle Henry and Aunt Beth” or “Grandma” to relatives that are close to you, in addressing the inner envelope as this will show how much you mean to them, even if you are planning a formal event.
* Mail your invitation six to eight weeks before your wedding date. If however, your wedding date is set, on a holiday season or you are inviting a lot of guests that are from out of State, you should mail the invitations sooner to give them ample time to plan and make hotel reservations and organize their schedule.
* Position the word “black tie” in the lower right-hand corner of the invitation if you are planning for a formal wedding so that your guests can dress accordingly.
Wedding Invitation Wording
Do not’s when placing invitation wordings
* Don’t use nicknames. Always use the first, middle, and last name. Some people do not want their middle names included in the invitation; don’t use initials, simply do not include their middle names.
* Don’t make abbreviations. Only “Mr.”, “Mrs.”, or “Dr.” can be abbreviated. All other titles should be written completely.
* Don’t abbreviate dates, addresses and time.
* Don’t write the word “and” as “&”.
Wedding Invitation Ideas
1. Place the invitation inside the large envelope along with its protective tissue and make certain that the invitation is facing you.
2. Place in the reception invitation on top of the invitation, also facing you.
3. Position the response card in, and leaning within the flap of the response envelope, which is facing down.
4. The last to go in are the directions or map which guides the guests.
5. When addressing the outer envelope, it is best that you use calligraphy.
6. For added touch, choose a postage stamp that well compliments the general appearance of your invitation.
7. If possible, bring your invitations to the post office and ask for them to be hand cancelled, to avoid unattractive marks or scratches that a machine cancelling can cause.
Wedding Invitation Tips
Great tips on Wedding Invitations
One of the most important things whenever somebody wants to get married, is to have a complete line-up of the couple’s guests. Along with this preparation is the creation of wedding invitations that should reflect your earnest desire to invite those you want to be present on your very special day.
For so many years now, it has long been a part of the tradition that wedding invitations should be distributed so that the people will know that they are invited. It also makes them feeling special because of the fact that the couple had included them as their guests.
Today, wedding invitations need not be the usual unfussy cards that our ancestors had long been using. The concept of the modern wedding invitations lies on the premise that they are a part of the wedding and any neglected details of the invitation would reflect how haphazard the wedding plans were made.
So, for people who wish to know some useful tips regarding wedding invitations, here are some pointers that you may use.
* Use a reply card with your wedding invitation.
In reality, the main reason of creating and giving out wedding invitations is to approximately determine the number of guests that will attend on your wedding day. Hence, it would be better for if you place a reply card along with the invitation card. In this way, you will get to know the estimated number of guests that you will be expecting.
* Specify on the wedding invitation what type of occasion you will use.
In most cases, weddings are formal events. However, there are instances wherein the couples prefer informal celebration. So, it is best to specify exactly what type of celebration will be imposed.
Moreover, it is also important to specify the dress code so that the guests will know if they need to comply or not as far as clothing is concerned.
* For, small wedding, it is best to have the wedding invitations personalized.
In cases where the wedding celebration entails only quite a few numbers of guests, it would be better to make your own wedding invitation.
Usually, wedding invitations are more expensive and require the least number of orders. So, if you would not be ordering a lot, then, it would be better to make your own wedding invitation.
* For a more innovative look, choose the colors you will use, with your wedding invitation.
White will always be the color of the wedding and will never go out of style. However, because of the continuous change that technology is bringing us, it is best to try some bright colors that will reflect your personality or your partner.
The key point is not to use one color but a conglomeration of all the bright colors you can use.
* Choose a design that will best reflect your taste or your partner’s personality.
Before, wedding invitations come in the traditional rectangular adorned with laces and flowers. It has been deemed as good design for so many years now but the fact remains the same: it is dull and lifeless.
What you need to present them is the beauty of life that you and your partner had agreed to cherish forever. Hence, it is strongly recommended to come up with a modern design embedded with pure beauty.
Boiled down, wedding invitations are not just mere invitations that you usually have in your other occasions like, birthday party or victory party. Wedding invitations are ways of inviting somebody whom you want to be a part of your wonderful moment with your partner.
As they say, wedding invitations are not just papers, they are the breath of the couple’s desire to tell the whole world how much they love each other, and they want their guests to witness that.
Wedding Invitation Wording
The value of wedding invitation wording
Art, in general, is the appreciation of beauty. It implies order and harmony of parts in a given whole.
Human life does not imply merely physical survival. It is a vocation towards the refinement of the spirit. Hence, the demands of daily life include and derive meaning from the cultivation of those traits that truly reflect man’s innate dignity.
In this context, ethics is considered an art. However, there are art forms that are different from those that are considered as ethical
For this reason, certain actions of man must be in proportionate to the ethical standards as dictated by man’s innate dignity. One of which is how we should use words in different functions.
Take for example the wordings in a wedding invitation. Careful use of words and establishing them correctly is very crucial in wedding invitations. This is because wedding invitation, are the first-hand symbol of the wonderful celebration that is about to take place.
Any misused, abused, or unethical choice of words may result to misunderstandings or misinterpretations between and among the guests.
Generally, wedding invitation wording should be clearly established to avoid confusions and misconception. There are instances where words may have several meanings depending on how it is used in a sentence.
Moreover, the wordings must accurately define the details of the wedding like the date, the exact time, and the place where the wedding ceremony will take place.
These things should be clearly stated because there are cases wherein most guests directly assume that once they are invited, it means that they are asked to attend the wedding ceremony and the reception.
However, there are some weddings that the couple would usually invite people, just for the reception. In this case, the couple has decided to make the wedding very private and that they only want their immediate relatives present during the ceremony. The guests are asked to attend the reception already.
Hence, to avoid confusion and delusion, it is best to carefully state in the invitation the purpose of the invitation.
On the other hand, wedding invitation wordings may also vary depending on certain circumstances that the couple has no control of. An example is a concept of who paid for the wedding.
In this instance, it is best to choose words that would pay respect to the party whom the recognition is due but should also be made in conformity with the ethical standards, in which the feelings of the other party should be considered also.
For example, if in case that the bride’s parents are the ones who had paid for the wedding, then, the wordings on the wedding invitation should state that it is the bride’s parent’s who are requesting for the presence of the guests.
Alternatively, the setting of the wedding should also be considered when establishing the wedding invitation wording.
If the wedding is informal and will only take place in a home, then it is best to replace the usual words being used in formal invitations to a more casual tone but still with respect.
Boiled down, any kind of wordings will do when making wedding invitations, as long as the words are in conformity to the ethical standards set by the society and as patterned on the innate dignity of man.
Best of all, the details of the wedding should be clearly stated, otherwise, the wedding invitation will definitely lose its main purpose.