Green’s Chocolate Mud Cake 530g
80g butter, melted
1/4 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
20cm round cake pan
50g soft batter
200g Nestlé Baker’s Choice
Dark Choc Bits
40g Pistachio Kernels, roughly chopped
32 pretzels, trimmed lo create antlers
32 mini M&M’s
1 1/2 cups Desiccated Coconut
Preparation 20 minutes. Bake 40-45 minutes. Makes 32
1. Prepare Green’s Chocolate Mud Cake according to standard pack directions adding Vanilla Extract to the batter. Continue to prepare and bake as directed and set aside to cool completely.
2. Crumble cooled cake into a mixing bowl using fingertips until it resembles fine crumbs.
3. Prepare to ice as directed and set aside. Place 100g of Baker’s Choice Choc Chips into a heatproof bowl and melt over a saucepan of simmering water. Pour onto cake crumb along with prepared icing.
4. Add chopped pistachios.
5. Knead the mixture with hands until smooth.
6. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
7. Roll level tablespoons of truffle mixture into balls and place onto the baking tray. Continue with the remaining mixture and refrigerate for an hour or until firm.
8. Melt the remaining 100g of choc chips over as directed above.
9. Pour half the desiccated coconut into a small bowl and the other half onto a serving plate.
10. Dip the base of the truffles into melted chocolate and then into desiccated coconut. Decorate each trufﬂe with pretzel antlers and mini M&M’s for noses. Place on serving plate.
Other recipes you may like