Crispy-skinned barramundi with plums and warm rice salad Recipe
Fresh barramundi is incredibly easy to prepare and is just the ticket when paired with this fresh salad for exotic fusion.
Preparation 5 minutes. Cook 15 minutes. Serve 4
1/3 cup red wine vinegar
2 tsp caster sugar
1 small red onion, thinly sliced into rounds
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 CROC EGGS plums, destoned, cut into wedges
250g packet microwave brown rice
2 x 260g packet Humpty Doo Barramundi portions, skin on
100g packet Macro Organic mixed salad leaves
1/3 cup dry-roasted almonds, roughly chopped
1. In a medium bowl, combine vinegar, sugar, and 1/3 cup water. Stir to dissolve sugar. Add onion and stir to combine. Set aside to pickle.
2. Meanwhile, add the juice of 1/2 lemon, honey, and 1 tbs oil to a small bowl. Season with pepper. Stir to combine. Toss plums in the mixture and set aside.
3. Heat rice according to packet instructions. Set aside to cool slightly.
4. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Pat barramundi skin wlth paper towel. Drizzle the remaining oil over both sides of the barramundi. Cook barramundi, skin-side down, for 7 minutes or until skin is golden and crisp. Turn barramundi and cook for 5 minutes or until just cooked through. Remove pan from heat and rest for 2 minutes.
5. Drain pickled onion. Toss rice and pickled onion through salad leaves and divide them amongst plates. Top with plums, drizzling over juices. Season with pepper. Scatter over almonds. Add barramundi to plates. Serve with remaining lemon, and cut into cheeks.
Barramundi Recipe Nutrition
167O kJ (400 cals)
3g sat fat
5g dietary fiber